Job Opportunity – Fundraising Mentor
- 21st June 2018
- Posted by: Ami Lowman
- Category: Job Opportunities
Making Space seeks to appoint A Fundraising Mentor
August 2018-November 2019 | Fee – £10,500
Making Space creates opportunities for people to enjoy and take part in high quality craft; expanding understanding of what craft is, does and can be. The charity houses 7 studios for emerging designer-makers and artists and creates opportunities for people to enjoy and take part in high quality craft, providing spaces for people to discover and develop their design and making skills through workshops and events.
Making Space needs to diversify its funding base and attract new sources of income through fundraising and has been successful in achieving Catalyst funding from Arts Council England to strengthen the charity’s approach to attracting new sources of funding.
Making Space is seeking:
A Fundraising Mentor who has the proven track record skills, knowledge and know-how in fundraising to work with the trustees, director and team to build confidence and new knowledge within Making Space. The mentor will be an excellent communicator, be experienced in offering tailored guidance and bring a fresh eye and relevant voice to the process. The mentor will work with Making Space developing organisational capacity, embedding good practice and intelligence. The appointed consultant will:
- Undertake a review of our fundraising and sponsorship approaches;
- Work with the Director to write a fundraising strategy.
- Research and identify the right areas of fundraising for Making Space and develop the skills and confidence of trustees, supporters and the team to make use of existing or cultivate new funding connections.
- Work with the Director to write and submit key funding applications in line with a new strategy and business plan.
- Strengthen the case for craft and making the Ask and host a cultivation/fundraising event to attract businesses and donors and to find out what they are interested in and why they would give to Making Space.
- Appraise, explore and cost up how new technology can improve how we evidence contextual information to back up funding applications.
Expressions of interest are welcomed from individuals or consultant teams. The statement should respond directly from this brief and outline how you would approach this work in the allocated time, using examples from past relevant work. Please include a CV and the contact details of two referees.
Please down load the full brief below:
Deadline: 10am, Monday 16 July 2018 | Interviews: 6 August 2018
Making Space, 2 Bishopstoke Road, Havant, Hampshire, PO9 5BN | 023 492472491
Registered Charity number 1108387 Registered Company Number 04482576